Beauty Changes Lives Scholarship Contest
Are you interested in and/or planning a future career in the beauty industry? Hair stylists, Barbers, Estheticians, Nail techs, Makeup artists, and Massage therapists all apply (at an AACS member school)! On October 11th Beauty Changes Lives held a webinar announcing their launch of their new scholarship contest open to anyone starting their education between January 1 – March 31, 2013 with a GED or high school diploma at an AACS member school.
This is a fantastic opportunity for all fresh new talent to broadcast themselves via social media to get themselves noticed! BCL is offering $2,000 scholarships to it’s winners which is fabulous to anyone that needs that extra dent taken off their tuition. Beauty Changes Lives Foundation seeks to raise awareness of careers in the beauty and wellness industry, while raIsing funds for beauty school scholarships and supporting charitable causes.
How to ENTER:
Go to BeautyChangesLives.org/scholarships
To enter, compile a 1 to 3 minute (maximum) video or a 500 (maximum) word essay describing: How “beauty change lives” and how will you change lives as a beauty and wellness professional?
Submit your entry on Facebook or on this website or through Facebook completing your application for the scholarship program, and then start telling all your friends and family to help you make it to the final judging round by voting for your submission. All qualified entries will then be judged by a panel of qualified judges from various areas of the industry using the following criteria:
- Grammar and/or presentation
- The impact you intend to make in a beauty and wellness career
- Number of votes
What do you need to do:
Possible topics could range from how beauty has changed YOUR life, how beauty helped your changed SOMEONE else’s life, or just an inspirational story you think is worth telling!
How to get noticed by the judges:
Be creative! Tell a story through pictures, music & words.
Take your entry viral via Facebook to get votes to become a finalist.
This is a great opportunity to earn a head start in fulfilling your passion; getting your name out into the industry early on. This scholarship also offers for a great addition to your resumé to help impress your future employers with your drive and dedication to a successful career.
- A qualified school is defined as an AACS member school.
- This contest is only for those entering classes for cosmetology, esthetics, nails, massage and barbering 2013 with a GED or high school diploma.
- Ten people will win a $2,000 scholarship (two will be for massage entries)
- We hope to make this scholarship program a year-round cycle, where a new contest will open as soon as one closes.
- Whether a student has already been accepted or hasn’t picked out a school—anyone 2013 with a GED or high school diploma can enter as long as their start date for class is between January 1 – March 31, 2013.
- This contest will close December 3, 2012.