How I Picked the Perfect Beauty School
Deciding you want to become a cosmetologist is an amazing excitement but can also extremely stressful. You want to become the best you can be, but being so new it’s hard to find the perfect beauty school to fit your educational needs. You want to make sure you’re investing in the proper education but finding it difficult to be sure you’ve made the right decision. How did I do it? Follow your gut! Learning how to create beauty is such a life changing experience you want to make sure your future campus gives you all the tools you need to flourish. Here are some tips and tricks I’ve learned over the years to insure you find that perfect fit.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Does the school offer finical aid to feet your income?
- Is full-time or part-time offered?
- Look through their curriculum…does it include what you’re interested in? (make-up, nails…etc)
- Will your school help guide you to a salon post graduation?
- How do they manage their “salon floor” does it work for you?
- Are there any advanced focus classes? (Extensions, Airbrush Make-up, Nail design?)
- Are they involved with competitions?
There is just a few to mention. When I was searching for the perfect school I made it my priority to tour each campus. Take a look at your potential peers, do they seem happy? Don’t be hesitant to talk to them…ask them how they like their school, what other schools were they looking at? Get the real information straight from people who know. Above all just make sure it feels right, you can tell a lot but your immediate gut feeling. Take your time to really think through each location and go with the one that meets all your hair loving needs.